If you have any questions not addressed in this policy, please contact us using the methods specified at the end of this policy.
2. What personal information do we collect?
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules. The Australian Privacy Principles set out restrictions about the way sensitive information can be used. Unless you give us your consent, or if we are required or permitted by law, we will only use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes for which it was provided.
4. Why do we collect personal information?
Covalent only collects personal information that is necessary to carry out our primary business activities, including providing you with information and general marketing activity about our products and services.
5. How do we collect your personal information?
We may collect personal information from you when you use our services, visit our website, or otherwise interact with us.
We will endeavour to only collect your personal information directly from you. However, there are circumstances where we will be required to collect your information from third parties. We may collect personal information about you from other parties including third parties.
6. How do we use your personal information?
Covalent may collect, use and disclose your personal information to: provide you with information about other products and/or services that may be of benefit to you, respond to your queries and to operate our business.
7. Who do we disclose personal information to?
The types of organisations we may disclose your information to are:
· Our agents, contractors or third-party service providers in connection with the provision of our primary business activities;
· Our agents, contractors or third-party service providers that provide financial, legal or other services in connection with the operation of our business.
8. Is Covalent likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
We disclose personal information outside Australia and we take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient handles your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
9. Securing Your Data
We take reasonable steps to protect all information that we hold (including your personal information) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access modification or disclosure. However, Covalent cannot provide absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times.
Covalent has implemented security measures to protect the personal information we hold from unauthorised access.
10. Website Information Collection & Usage Practices
You can access our home page and browse our website without disclosing your personal information. When you access the site or services, we may collect the following information:
· Personal Information – We collect Personal Information when you knowingly provide it, including when you provide feedback or request information.
· Non-Personally Identifiable Information – Covalent automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on its server logs including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the page you requested, the date and time of this request, and the page you visited immediately prior to visiting this site. You understand that Covalent uses this data to help diagnose problems, analyse trends and develop marketing communications.
11. Marketing Communication
From time to time, we may use the personal information we collect from you to identify particular Covalent products and services which we believe may be of interest to you. Our communication to you may be sent in various forms such as mail, SMS, and email. You consent to us sending you marketing communications. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so. If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services, you may notify us using the contact details provided below or by using any opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
12. Requests for Access
If we collect your personal information, you have the right to request access to your personal information. If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request an amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it and provide upon request, Covalent’s reasons for denial of access or a refusal to correct personal information.
If you have any questions in relation to our information handling procedures, or you wish to lodge a request for access or amendment to the personal information we hold, or you wish to opt-out of receiving direct marketing material, please contact the Privacy Officer per the details below.
13. How can I contact Covalent?
Please contact us via the “Contact Us’ webform on this website.
14. Privacy Complaint Form
If you believe we have not complied with our obligations concerning your personal information we invite you to contact us and lodge a complaint. Complaints can be lodged via “Contact Us’ webform on this website. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
15. External Links
Our websites contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of those other websites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.